Baked Apple Pie Egg Rolls
Twin Marquis Egg Roll Wrapper
- 16 Twin Marquis egg roll wrappers
- 2 apples: 1 granny smith and 1 gala
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. all spice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
WHIPPED CREAM DIP:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2) Peel and chop up apples. Add to a medium bowl. Add remaining filling ingredients to bowl and stir together until well combined. Allow mixture to sit for about 10 minutes.
- 3) Lay 1 egg roll wrapper onto a clean surface and brush edge with a 1 inch perimeter of egg wash.Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the filling across one side of the prepared egg roll wrapper. You do not want to over stuff these.
- 4) Fold the sides over and brush with egg wash. Carefully roll filling tightly in the wrapper and press gently to seal.
- 5) Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and coat with a thin layer of cooking spray. Repeat until all the filling and wrappers have been used.
- 6) Bake egg rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. During the last 5 minutes of cook time, pull out and brush with a little melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Put back in oven for remaining 5 minutes. Serve immediately with sweetened whipped cream.
- 7) TO MAKE SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM: Place cream in a mixing bowl and whip with a hand mixer, on medium-high speed. As the mixture thickens, slowly add sugar until fully incorporated. Add vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form. Sprinkled a little cinnamon on top as well.